Tijuana is one of Mexico's top industrial cities with a fast growing manufacturing activity. Located in the northwest corner of Mexico, on the Pacific Rim, Tijuana is the preferred destination of close to 570 world class companies manufacturing in Mexico.
Due to advantages related to costs savings and speed to market, Tijuana has positioned itself as the near-shore top choice for manufacturing developing an important presence in medical devices, aerospace and electronics of world renowned companies.
Tijuana is home to world class manufacturing companies such as Solar Turbines, Bourns, Plantronics, Panasonic, Toyota, Samsung and many more. Currently, Tijuana is on a path to be the innovation-driven production capital of Latin-America, with significant supply chain opportunities.
Tijuana's Competitive Advantages:
- Just-In-Time access to one of the world's largest and wealthiest market
- Access to leading R&D centers, engineering capabilities and a wide base of specialized suppliers
- Many Tijuana professionals take advantage of being next door to San Diego's Universities to grow their own skills in areas such as aerospace, biotechnology, business administration, computing, engineering and medicine
- Over 50 years of manufacturing experience
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma are part of the work culture. 90% of facilities with over 250 employees, are ISO certified
- In Class 10,000 and Class 100,000 clean rooms, in FDA and Department of Defense regulated facilities, and in QS-certified automotive industry operations
- Tijuana offers competitively skilled workforce, a modern infrastructure and a wide supplier base that can help companies reduce their operations costs from 40 to 60%
- Modern industrial parks and one of Mexico's most mature industrial real estate markets
- New roadways, border crossings, expansion of the International Airport, modern water treatment plants and natural gas distribution systems, provide all the resources necessary for high productivity.