Nadcap Accreditation Aerospace and Defense
Nadcap is the leading worldwide cooperative program of major companies designed to manage a cost-effective consensus approach to special processes and products and provide continual improvement within the aerospace and automotive industries.
Nadcap is an industry-managed approach to conformity assessment that brings together technical experts from both Industry and Government to establish requirements for accreditation, accredit Suppliers and define operational program requirements.
This results in a standardized approach to quality assurance and a reduction in redundant auditing throughout the aerospace industry because Prime contractors, Suppliers and Government representatives have joined forces to develop a program that:
- Establishes stringent industry consensus standards that satisfy the requirements of all participants
- Replaces routine auditing of suppliers with one approved through a consensus decision-making process of members from the user community
- Conducts more in-depth, technically superior special process audits
- Improves supplier quality throughout industry through stringent requirements
- Reduces costs through improved standardization
- Utilizes technically expert auditors to assure process familiarity
- Provides more frequent audits for Primes, fewer audits for Suppliers
AQC (Aerospace Quality Systems)
The Aerospace Quality Systems Task Group recognizes the industry developed Aerospace Quality Systems standard AS/EN/JISQ9100 and AS/EN9110. In, addition, Nadcap recognizes ISO 17025 for testing laboratories, including nondestructive testing laboratories. The ISO 17025 scope of accreditation must cover the Nadcap scope of accreditation and be from an approved NACLA / ILAC accreditation body.
Suppliers who have an AS/EN/JISQ 9100 or AS/EN9110 Registration / Certification from an IAQG approved Registration / Certification body, as listed on the IAQG Oasis website, or an ISO 17025 accreditation approved by NACLA / ILAC do not require an additional quality systems audit through Nadcap. (See NOP-002)
At the time of the audit, when a supplier does not hold a current approved quality system in accordance with NOP-002, an assessment to the Nadcap AC7004 is required.
Read about the first company in Baja California to receive the NadCap Accreditation for Special Processing in Aerospace and Defense.